Prior to your appointment with us you may have received some forms. Please fill these in and bring them along to your appointment.
There is an online medical history form that we ask you to complete before your appointment wherever possible. We accept both cash and card payments for treatment.
When you arrive at your appointment a dental receptionist or dental nurse will confirm your details and take your medical history form so this is ready for the dentist. They will also take your payment or proof of exemption.
At your first appointment or recall examination the dentist will give you:
- A thorough examination of teeth and gums, including X-rays if necessary
- An explanation of different treatment options, that will be tailored to your treatment needs
- A written treatment plan and estimate of cost
- Advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Information about any possible referral to another dental professional, such as a dental therapist
- Advice about whether we will be providing all of your dental treatment, or part of it
- Treatment if you are in pain, and both you and the dentist agree to treatment.
We ask you to:
- Provide us with a full and detailed medical history and keep us informed of any changes
- Give us at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel your appointment. If you miss two appointments during a course of treatment we reserve the right to end that course of treatment. This means that if you pay for your treatment you will have to pay again if you wish to continue your treatment. If you accessed our service via referral you will be discharged back to the care of your general dental practitioner
- Pay bills promptly
- Provide proof you do not have to pay charges
- Treat our staff with respect and courtesy
- Follow, to the best of your ability, any advice we may give you about keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
After your first appointment the receptionist or dental nurse will be able to make further appointments with you or add you to the necessary waiting list.
Last updated: August 23, 2022