Good oral health is vital to general health and well-being. Education is the key to achieving improved, long-term oral health goals. We co-ordinate oral health education throughout much of Devon. As such we concentrate on the prevention of poor oral health in young children, adults with special care needs and those in care/residential homes.
Our oral health training seeks to provide updates to equip health and care support staff to carry out their job armed with the correct knowledge. Important information about our training:
- It’s free!
- Training can be delivered face to face or virtually via MS teams
- All attendees receive a certificate providing verifiable CPD
- Training takes between 1 to 2.5 hours
- It’s bespoke to meet your needs/time constraints
- A range of teaching methods are used to ensure it’s fun – practical demonstrations, discussions and group work
- 100% of the people who have already attended the course would recommend our training!
Our training sessions provide advice about:
- Healthy food and drink choices
- Healthy lifestyle
- Good effective oral hygiene practices
- Denture care
- Domiciliary care
- Best practice guidelines
- How to access dental services
- Overcoming any challenges you might face when trying to maintain or improve oral health.
Free online training provided by Health Education England: Introducing mouth care, mouth care for adults and mouth care for adults with additional needs. – https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/
For further information and resources access the Health & Social Care support staff page
Contact the Oral Health Improvement Team to book your training session; email@example.com or 01392 405705.
Last updated: August 23, 2022